Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Radiohead Rumours Options
Frosty
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2008 10:02:38 AM
Groups: Member

I have been reading that Radiohead may be touring Australia around march/april in 2009, they are in South America in March with no plans after that. Would love to see them at the fest!! There not blues n roots, but either is Missy. A nice monday evening with Radiohead would soothe the soul before some wicked blues guitar action to end the festival would top it off for me!!!
repete
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2008 10:59:15 AM

Frosty wrote:
I have been reading that Radiohead may be touring Australia around march/april in 2009, they are in South America in March with no plans after that. Would love to see them at the fest!! There not blues n roots, but either is Missy. A nice monday evening with Radiohead would soothe the soul before some wicked blues guitar action to end the festival would top it off for me!!!

Personal opinion only, but no thanks. Simply don't belong. Same with Coldplay (who's credibility has recently been blown out of the water caught out plagiarising Joe Satriani, of all people!). On the other hand, Calexico would be a great addition to the bill.

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
mastersplinter
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2008 3:59:15 PM

my personal opinion only, they belong..... they would be brilliant.... it almost seems to much to ask to have Radiohead there, but if they were... WOW.

Here's hoping those rumours are true
Dan...
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2008 2:08:49 PM

love radiohead, but no thanks.

The poster formerly known as Dan
oldbilly1
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 8:23:42 AM

huh? radiohead are a cool band, but I don't get the possible fit with the bluesfest. blues and roots is the theme and the point of difference for the fest. now coldplay getting caught ripping off satriani I find quite amusing. hopefully they get one of those judges into restorative justice and he makes coldplay tour with old joe in the band, adding a bit of his dubious magic to some of their top toe tappers
finleym
Posted: Thursday, December 25, 2008 1:44:46 PM

I would pay to see Radiohead play anywhere in Australia, a truly great live band. But I'm not sure they would fit with bluesfest - i think they push the boundaries of rock more than blues and roots.

Trumpet bells ringing
Bass drum is swinging
As the trombone groans
And the big horn moans